Green Jobs Green NY Contractor Forum
Grow your contracting business through Green Jobs/Green New York!
Through the Green Jobs Green NY (GJGNY) program, thousands of homes can receive free or reduced cost audits and retrofits, stopping air leaks, installing installation, upgrading HVAC systems, changing lighting, etc. In order to do this work, a contractor must be Building Performance Institute (BPI) accredited before they can participate in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program sponsored by the New York State Energy Research Development Authority (NYSERDA).
Currently there is only one certified GJ/GNY contractor in the entire Bronx! Becoming one can grow your business!
NYSERDA’s Energy $mart Communities Contractor, Solar One and Sustainable South Bronx; The Association of Energy Affordability (AEA); Bronx Community College (BCC); the NYC Office of Small Business Services (SBS) as well as the Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation (BOEDC) are partnering to show Bronx-based contractors how they can get involved. If you are interested in taking advantage of the quickly expanding market for home energy upgrades or “green jobs”, join us!
At this Contractor Forum, you will learn:
- What BPI certification encompasses, how to become involved in the NYSERDA GJGNY program, and available incentives.
- AEA, BCC, and Solar One will discuss their training opportunities for BPI certification.
- What contractors need to be prepared to offer, in terms of capacity to get the assessments and retrofits completed.
- MWBE certification and the opportunities for procurement that it can open up for MWBE contractors. Also additional incentives and training funding opportunities offered through SBS.
- Additional incentives for business development for GJGNY, such as OJT training funding.
Take advantage of this great opportunity to join an expanding market!